Join us for a special event tailored to farmers and land managers, where we'll explore the numerous advantages of incorporating trees on your farm. Hosted by the Forestry Commission in collaboration with the River Thame Conservation Trust and the Thame Catchment Farm Cluster, this event is a unique opportunity to delve into the grants available and the direct and indirect benefits of integrating trees into your agricultural practices.
- 9:30 am - Arrival
- 10:00 am - Introduction: Eddie Rixon, Farmer and BDA Forestry Commission
- 10:15 am - Grants Available for Trees: Eddie Rixon will discuss the various grants and funding opportunities to support tree incorporation.
- 10:30 am - Grant Process and Commercial Benefits: Mark Townsend from Savills will guide you through the grant application process and elaborate on the commercial benefits that come with integrating trees on your land.
- 11:00 am - Coffee Break
- 11:30 am - Carbon and Trees: Rob Stockley from Nicholsons will delve into the ecological significance of trees, particularly in carbon sequestration.
- 12:10 pm - Ecological Benefits of Trees & BNG: Hilary Phillips from the River Thame Conservation Trust will shed light on the ecological benefits of tree incorporation, including Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG).
- 12:30 pm - Q&A
- 1:00 pm - Lunch and Networking
This event is a valuable opportunity for farmers and land managers to gain a deeper understanding of the ecological, financial, and sustainable benefits of incorporating trees into their practices.